Hell Creek Revival – a radical WELCOME
Outdoors at Countryside Community Church on the Tri-Faith Commons
Saturday, July 20, 2019
4 to 9 PM
Please note: Many of the events for Hell Creek Revival have been moved inside the building due to the excessive heat. Hot days…cool fun!
The Boards of Art and Music, Christian Education and Youth cordially invite you and your family, friends, and neighbors to an uncommon event for the whole family. Hosted in Countryside’s own backyard, this radical welcome to the neighborhood is open to the public with live music, art experiences, food trucks and more
Live music featuring:
- “five minute drive,” Blues Society of Omaha BluesEd Band made up of 8 talented youth musicians ages 14 – 18 from 4 to 5 PM
- Kids Rock by Arron Schomaker from 5 – 6 PM
- Rev. Yolanda Mapes, a trans-femme genderqueer interfaith minister and performance artist from 6 to 7:30 PM
- Jules and Joe, guitar and vocals from 7:30 – 8:30pm
Arts and Activities for all ages and abilities
- Theatre Fun with Bob Gilmore from 4 – 6 PM
- Giant Coloring Page from 4 – 6pm
- Big Garden from 4-6 PM
- Movement with Arts for All from 5 – 6 PM
- Decoupage with Christy Palmer from 4 – 8pm
- Hens with City Sprouts from 4 – 8 PM
Docent Tours on the half hour beginning at 4:30 PM
All are welcomed and encouraged to bring picnic baskets, blankets and chairs, sunscreen and flat shoes. Food and drink available for purchase from The Churro Truck, Thunderhead Brewing Company and Kona Ice.
Invite your friends and neighbors and join us for this radical welcome home!
We are an inclusive, open and affirming family of faith, welcoming all to God’s table of love and acceptance. We are diverse, yet united by Christ’s example. We care for one another, support one another and challenge one another to become all that God creates us to be. We work together to nurture our community and to promote peace and justice in our conflicted world.