As Omaha’s first preschool program, Kindernook Preschool has been the leader in early childhood education since 1953. Come see for yourself why the tradition continues.
Visit our Facebook page for more info! Or contact Director Anne Jackson, 402-884-8038 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Accredited by the NAEYC.
• Innovative curriculum that enhances all areas of a child’s development.
• Curriculum enhancement activities that feature visiting artists, musicians, Spanish and other special guests.
• Experienced and creative teachers.
• Small class sizes with low child/teacher ratios to offer a warm and welcoming environment.
• Bright and clean classroom facilities.
• Outdoor play area and indoor gym.
Kindernook Preschool: A Tradition of Excellence
Established in 1953, Kindernook Preschool was one of the first preschools in Omaha. Developed with respect to the University of Nebraska College of Education’s Standards for Preschools, Kindernook was founded by Peggy Bedford and Dr. Francis Hurst. The preschool was originally founded as an outreach ministry program at Countryside Community Church.
As one of the first preschools in Omaha, Kindernook’s founders enjoyed the liberty to create a unique school system and curriculum. From the beginning, Kindernook has operated under the philosophy that children will acquire knowledge and skills by actively interacting with the environment in ways that are meaningful to them. A division of Countryside Community Church, a United Church of Christ (UCC) religious institution, Kindernook is a non-denominational preschool.
Through the years, Kindernook has become a tradition among many Omaha families. Many current Kindernook students are the third generation in their families to attend.